- (noun): a unit of measure, the distance from the elbow to the tip
middle finger, c. 18"; analoguous to the Earth cubit;
10 ah-il equal one ah-ral
- (noun): the Gorean hour, of which there are 20 in a Gorean
day; it consists of 40 ehn (minutes)
- (noun): a unit of measure equalling 10 ah-il, or approx.180"
- (noun): first letter of the Gorean alphabet; corresponds
to the Earth letter 'A'
Comrades - a warrior society of the Kaiila tribe of Red Savages;
aka the "Fighting
- a letter of the Gorean alphabet; [Cap.] the name of an important
Arani - (noun): a minor tribe of the Tahari; they are a vassal tribe
of the Aretai
Aretai - (noun): a major tribe of the Tahari; their vassal tribes are
Luraz, Raviri, Tajuks, Tashid, Ti, and Zevar; their
war-cry is 'Aretai Victorious!"
Aria - (adjective): of Ar
Gatch - (noun): a marsupial mammal which inhabits the rainforests
inland of Schendi
Caste of - (noun):(noun): the caste of those who kill
for pay; exists only in Ar; their caste color is black